Do you believe in the Law of Attraction but find it difficult to apply consistently in your life? Do you find that just when things are starting to go your way, something bad happens and everything falls apart? As someone who’s studied the law of attraction, and has worked to apply it in my life for many, many years, I can tell you that it can be very challenging to apply to our lives consistently.
What is the Law of Attraction?
The law of attraction is a law of the universe that states that you will attract into your life that which you focus on. When you focus on something with enough emotion and intensity, you send out a vibrational energy which will attract energy on the same frequency level. If you focus on negative things, you will attract that into your life. If you focus on positive things, positive things will be attracted to you. Simply put, like attracts like.
With the release of the book and DVD “The Secret” (2006), the law of attraction has become much more popular recently. But the law of attraction is not a “secret” and is not a new concept. It has been taught for thousands of years. In more recent times, books such as “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill, and “The Science of Getting Rich” by Wallace D. Wattles discuss using the law of attraction to become successful. If you’re not familiar with the law of attraction, or you haven’t read these two books, I highly recommend them.
Can anyone use the Law of Attraction?
The law of attraction is a universal law that is available to everyone. Anyone can learn to think in a certain way that will attract what they focus on. In “The Secret,” they talk about how the law of attraction works, and some things you can do to manifest it in your life. What they don’t talk about is how difficult it can be apply the law of attraction in your life.
“The Science of Getting Rich” is a short, yet to the point book (around 100 pages) that offers excellent insight into the law of attraction, and how to manifest it in your life, but also the difficulties in applying the practice properly. In the “Science of Getting Rich,” Wallace D. Wattles says:
“Every man has the natural and inherent power to think what he wants to think, but it requires far more effort to do so than it does to think the thoughts which are suggested by appearances. To think according to appearance is easy, to think truth regardless of appearances is laborious, and requires the expenditure of more power than any other work man is called upon to perform.
There is no labor from which most people shrink as they do from that of sustained and consecutive thought, it is the hardest work in the world.”
As you’ve no doubt experienced, controlling your thinking is very difficult. Even those that make an effort to think positively are often influenced by their surroundings, and often find themselves thinking negatively.
With this in mind, we’ve put together a list of ten things that you can use to help you manifest the law of attraction in your lives. This is assuming that you’re familiar with the law of attraction, and if not we’d recommend reading the books mentioned above, or any other book of choice to give you a solid foundation.
Ten things you can do to manifest the Law of Attraction in your life:
- Get clarity on what you want, and why - In order for you to attract the things you want into your life, you must get absolute clarity on what you want, and why you want it. This will help you to really focus on specific wants and outcomes.
- Limit your negative influences - This can be one of the most challenging areas of our life, and in some cases it means making some tough decisions. If you look at some of the comments sections of your favorite news blog, the amount of negative comments is astonishing. I’ve recently stopped reading the comments on certain websites because they are so negative, bitter and angry that I end up taking on those same thoughts. How about news stories that really aren’t news, but more of angry opinion pieces? And the toughest one of all, friends or family members that completely bring you down. If at all possible, limit your time spent with these influences and you’ll find that your thoughts are much more positive and empowering.
- Change your focus - In order to manifest the law of attraction in your life, you must focus on the things that you want, not on the things that you don’t want. It’s easy to focus on things that we dislike or things we want to change in our lives. Focus on these things only long enough to identify them as problems that need to be changed and to create a plan to accomplish the necessary changes, then shift your focus to where you want to be.
- Ask yourself better questions - Instead of asking yourself questions that only make you feel bad, ask yourself constructive questions that will help you get beyond the problem. For example, if you’re trying to lose weight, you might ask yourself “why am I so fat?” This is really a self-defeating question with no real purpose, other than to make you feel worse about yourself. Instead, ask yourself “what can I do to become fit and healthy?” That’s a much better question and allows you to focus on positive things and will help you to visualize the results you want, create a plan, and take action.
- Be grateful – Gratitude is one of the most powerful ways to get (and keep) you in a positive state. It helps in several ways. By being grateful, you prevent yourself from focusing on, and thus attracting negative things in your life. You’ll shift your attention to positive things and this will help you attract more of the same. And by being grateful, you’ll be much happier and able to use those positive emotions to help focus on the things you want in your life.
- Use positive emotion – When working with the law of attraction, it’s important that your thoughts are reinforced with the most positive of emotions. Focusing on what you want while in a negative state is really counterproductive. You must put yourself in the most positive state possible when you visualize your goals and dreams.
- Take action - You must connect your thoughts with personal action. Just thinking about what you want without taking any action toward its attainment is just daydreaming. The law of attraction will bring great things in your life if you take the necessary action to be prepared to receive them.
- Be consistent - This is the area that is most difficult for me. You must be consistent in your thoughts and actions. As Wallace D. Wattles said in the quote above, sustained and consecutive thought is the hardest work in the world. You must work to keep consistent, even through tough times when the last thing you want to do is think positively. Without applying these principles consistently, you will not achieve the results you desire.
- See it as if it’s already happened - You must learn to visualize your “wants” as if they’ve already happened. If your desire is to own a successful business, get that image in your mind and, using positive and powerful emotions, focus on that image and hold it in your thoughts. You must form a clear, mental image and keep it continuously in your thoughts. There are tools you can use to help you (along with the 9 steps mentioned above), such as vision boards or mind videos (visual representations of what you want, either in pictures, computer slide-shows or videos), written statements (written as if already accomplished and read morning and night), incantations, faith and more.
- Have faith - Wikipedia defines faith as “the confident belief or trust in the truth or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing,” and says it involves a concept of future events or outcomes. Have faith that you will attract those things that you apply the law of attraction to, and keep that faith along with the proper actions and your thoughts will become your success!
With the proper knowledge, practice and hard work, you can apply the law of attraction in your life and achieve the success you’ve always wanted. Work through the tough times to control your thoughts and apply the ten tips above and most of all, don’t give up!